INDIRECT/REPORTED SPEECH

DIRECT

INDIRECT

Present Tense

Present Continuous

Past Tense

Past Continuous

Present Perfect

Future Tense

Past Tense

Past Continuous

Past Perfect

Past Perfect Continuous

Past Perfect

Past Future

DIRECT

INDIRECT

Today

Tomorrow

Yesterday

Last …..

Next ….

….. Ago

….. Later

This

These

That day

The following day

The previous day

The previous … / the …. Before

The following

…… Before

…… After

That

Those

The Conjunctions in The Direct Speech :

Positive / Negative sentences / statement that

Introgative sentences if / whether

Wh – Q sentences Wh - Q

Positive Command to

Negative Command Not to

Positive Sentences

Direct

Indirect

Marry said “ I go to Canada”

Alan said “My sister is playing tennis now”

Dina said “ I studied English”

Marry said that she went to Canada

Alan said that his sister was playing tennis then

Dina said that she had studied English

Introgative Sentences

Direct

Indirect

Alan said “do you know that man?”

She asked “are you studying English?”

He asked “did you buy this books?”

Alan asked if I knew that man

She asked if I was studying English

He asked if I had bought those books